How to Apply
All prospective students, including transfers, must complete the following admissions process:
- Submit your admissions application online
- Ask your current English or math teacher to complete the teacher recommendation form. Ask your principal or guidance counselor to complete the character reference form. These recommendations must be sent directly to: Admissions Office, Cristo Rey Newark High School, 239 Woodside Ave., Newark, NJ 07104.
- Submit the following documents:
• Copy of your birth certificate
• Copy of signed Social Security card
• One wallet-sized photo of the applicant
- Download and complete the records and references release form and give it to the principal or guidance counselor at your current school. We require copies of your:
• Most recent report card (final 8th grade report card must be submitted in June)
• 7th grade transcripts; previous 3 years for transfers
• 7th grade standardized test scores; previous 3 years for transfers
• IEP, if applicable
- Since Cristo Rey Newark High School’s mission centers on serving only low- and moderate-income students, all families are required to submit financial information, regardless of whether you are applying for financial assistance. All financial information must be submitted online through the TADS portal.
Once you have submitted all of the materials listed above, the Admissions Office will notify you about your student interview appointment.
Cristo Rey Newark High School accepts approximately 125 students into its freshman class each year. These young adults, all from families with limited financial resources, are motivated to work hard completing college preparatory courses while working one day a week at a Newark area business, nonprofit or government agency. While all grade levels are generally at full enrollment, Cristo Rey Newark High School also accepts a limited number of 10th and 11th grade transfer students. After completing the admissions process, transfer applicants must also call the Admissions Office at 973.483.0033, x320, to request a parent-student interview.
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest updates.